In the sensitive, super-regulated environment of the medical world, every procedure, every technique, demands a heightened degree of training, care and precision.
Air quality, sterility, safety, cleanliness, preservation of confidential medical records – all have critical implications for patients’ recovery, safety and well-being. And, of course, continuity of patient care is always a foremost concern.
The ACT disaster response and recovery professionals – all certified – are trained in special procedures and techniques required to meet the very specific, very demanding standards of health care facilities, whether for a small clinic or a medical center with hundreds of beds.
- The health, safety and well-being of patients and staff; patient care continuity.
- Maintaining sterility standards and indoor air quality standards and controlling airborne contaminants such as bacteria, molds and fungi.
- Maintaining safety and regulatory standards as set forth by the Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, HIPAA and other regulators
- Preserving medical records and patient confidentiality.
- Liability issues; we bring third-party testers such as indoor industrial consultants on site when necessary.
- Quick return to pre-loss condition.
Healthcare Disaster Expertise
All ACT professionals are specially trained and certified in all disciplines of disaster response and recovery – your assurance that standards will be upheld in your healthcare facility.
- Draws up a customized plan of action that meets all regulatory requirements and standards.
- Will form a Facility Team: administrator, infectious disease control officer and personnel from security and records.
- Is sensitive to the patients’ need for quiet, clean conditions, and to employees’ challenges in caring for patients.
- Is aware of the many environmental issues that must be addressed when working in a hospital or clinic, and is trained to work in sensitive areas such as surgery, labs and radiology.
- Is thoroughly trained in the special techniques necessary for the multi layered issues that must be dealt with in a medical facility, such as implementing negative air flow to avoid cross-contamination and the use of special mats to remove residue.
- Brings insiders’ knowledge of cleanliness and safety issues; some ACT team members have worked in medical facilities.
- Has state-of-the-art equipment able to remove microscopic particles of dust, pollen, mold, bacteria and other airborne particles from the air.
- Is certified in commercial air duct cleaning by the Mechanical System Hygiene Institute through the Association of Specialists in Cleaning and Restoration.
- Has undergone special training to qualify our professionals for admittance to medical records rooms. Our staff has been certified in not only document restoration procedures but also techniques that protect a patient’s privacy, meeting HIPAA’s stringent requirements.
- Assistance with risk management: We’ll assess your company’s needs and work out a plan specifically for your property, for any type of disaster.
- Response within minutes, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Extensive resources, enabling us to respond to many types of natural and man-made disasters and to multiple large-loss events at one time.
- Turnkey service from emergency stabilization to the finishing touches of restoration.
- Thorough, accurate documentation of all emergency response and restoration activities, providing immediate no-cost reports to insurers and management throughout the recovery and restoration process.
- Speedy restoration of your property to pre-loss condition, reducing disruption to your occupants and employees.
- Competitive pricing, up front.
- Professionals certified in every discipline of disaster response and recovery, with special expertise in psychrometry, the science of restorative drying.
- Proven disaster response strategies, plus procedures we’ve developed to more effectively deal with medical facilities while remaining sensitive to occupants and staff.
- Less intrusive technology: quiet, energy-efficient dryers that extract moisture from deep within the structure, eliminating the need to tear out walls and rebuild.
To learn more about our Healthcare services, download our:
For more information regarding the industries we serve, please contact us!